I've been extremely busy the whole time I have been home. I'm not quite sure how I juggled all of it and still made it through but somehow I did. Let me give you the short recap of it all.
- I took 6 mini vacations and racked up a ton of frequent flyer miles. One of those trips, I drove over half way across the country!
- I visited about 90% of my family members. I can only think of 4 that I missed.
- I lost a beloved grandmother.
- I ate at 50 different restaurants (or more, I stopped counting lol)....still I've missed a few but I'm sooooo over wanting to taste all the foods I missed now so it's not a big deal.
- I took up walking to rebuild my muscle tone.
- And several more extreme things I had rather not mention specifically on this blog.
- Shooting at the Sikh Gurudwara (this led to a heightened hatred toward America temporarily)
- Anti-Islamic video protests
- Al-Queda urging kidnapping of Westerners
A few other things concerned me about moving back to India as well. I didn't do too well last winter and I didn't expect things to get better this winter. My in-laws were very concerned for my health trying to make it through another hard winter. They have had health issues themselves this year and actually feared the sickness I would encounter. They also understand my concerns with traveling amidst so much anti-US tension. So it is with their blessing that I'm staying in the states.
This was a hard decision to make but it was necessary. I have known this for a while but I kept from confirming any rumors until I had stabilized myself here. I've found a fabulous home (ugly on the outside but so cute inside), landed my dream job and have purchased my own car very soon. (Car shopping sucks since the last time I bought one lol.) I'll be writing about the repatriation process over the next few days.